Did you know that children with disabilities were also targeted during the Holocaust? And as such it can make learning about the Holocaust a very different experience for kids with disabilities.
This topic is even more relevant today in light of recent events.
What are the things we need to consider when educating our children, in general, and specifically about the Holocaust and other such events?
See the Show Notes below for links!
Listen to this Episode Here
- Neurotribes: The Legacy of Autism and the Future of Neurodiversity by Steve Silberman
- Less Than Human: Why We Demean, Enslave, and Exterminate Others by David Livingstone Smith
- People Love Dead Jews: Reports from a Haunted Present by Dara Horn
- Jewish Cultural History Online Class at A Charlotte Mason Plenary (Coupon Code for 50% off: ABJCCM50)
- Terrible Things: An Allegory of the Holocaust by Eve Bunting
- Heritage Mom Blog by Amber O’Neal Johnston
- A Place to Belong: Raising Kids to Celebrate Their Heritage, Community, and the World by Amber O’Neal Johnston
- The Christmas Menorahs: How a Town Fought Hate by Janice Cohn (website here)
- Amy’s Personal Facebook Profile
I hope you enjoyed listening to today’s episode and gained some new insights into the wonderful variety of people in our world!
And remember, Special Needs Kids are People Too!