WHAT IS A SPECIAL NEEDS CONSULTATION?
A Special Needs Consultation looks at where your child is developmentally, academically, and socio-emotionally to create a completely customized plan to help your child take the next step in his education.
It evaluates where your child is and what the next step is; not where he “should be.”
It is completely personalized and takes into account not only the needs of your child and your family but also considers your needs as the teacher.
It will not shoehorn your child into a category or curriculum, or limit your choices to a pre-selected list of accommodations.
No more stressing about being behind, whether or not you missed something, or wasting money on programs that don’t work for your child!
I know you desperately want to give your child an education perfectly fitted to his needs, but sometimes you just don’t know where to start, or how to help him take the next step, and are afraid you might leave out a crucial component.
I can help.
No more stressing about where your child
Your Special Needs Consultation Includes
Developmental and Academic Testing
Recommendations that fit your family
Help with choosing books, curricula, therapies, etc.
Ongoing email support
Intake Fee for first child: $75
Intake Fee per additional child: $35
Hourly Consultation Fee: $90 per hour
Plus more! Here’s the full list of benefits that come with your Special Needs Consultation:
- A thorough review of your child’s developmental and academic records
- An individualized assessment of your child’s developmental and academic skills
- One-on-one help from me in a phone or video conversation
- Personalized recommendations for your homeschool from a holistic perspective (development, academics, social, emotional, etc.)
- Customizing the curriculum to meet the needs of each child and teacher
- Scheduling for peace and joy
- Help with choosing books, curricula, therapies, etc.
- Answers to any other questions you might have about implementation, philosophy, development, post-secondary education planning, etc
- Personal, ongoing email support from me for 6 weeks
- Optional letters for co-ops, landlords, etc., for accommodations
- A discount to join the Special Needs Membership with other families just like yours!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS CONSULTATION
- PLEASE NOTE: My consult schedule is booked out for at least 8-10 weeks at all times. Plan accordingly by ordering your consult now and turning in all necessary paperwork as soon as possible.
- At checkout, you will pay the Intake Fee only. This includes the intake for one child.
- After you checkout, you will receive an email from me with TWO very thorough Intake Questionnaires. Please fill them out with as much detail as possible.
- Once you have completed the questionnaires, I will send you any additional testing forms, if needed.
- After testing is complete, we can then schedule your consultation at a date and time that works for both of us.
- After your consultation, you will receive an invoice for the time spent with me during your consultation at a rate of $90 per hour (with a one-hour minimum; pro-rated for any additional time spent after the first hour; due upon receipt).
For example, if your consultation is for two children and your consultation lasts for 1 hour and 30 minutes, you will receive an invoice for:
- $90.00 for the first hour
- $45.00 for the additional 30 minutes
- $35.00 for the additional child
- Once your invoice is paid, you will receive the individualized plan I recommend for your family.
- If you need a professional Academic Report, there will be an additional fee of $100 per report, also due upon receipt.
Here’s what one mom had to say about her Special Needs Consultation:
Relief and reassurance were what I received by working with Amy Bodkin.
My daughter is so asynchronous that identifying her needs, prioritizing, and game-planning was just more than I was capable of. I was running myself ragged trying to meet my child’s needs, but I had no idea if I even was! Which milestones had we missed? Where were we at in the journey? Where do I even begin when there are so many pressing needs?
Amy worked with me to understand the priorities and how to address them. She gave me the game plan that I needed. Then, when something did not work, or my daughter made a developmental leap forward, she was there to answer my questions and help keep us on track.
Let me tell you, when your child is neurodivergent, you have a lot of questions.
– Jessica, Special Needs Homeschooling Mom
As a homeschool mom, it was incredibly reassuring to know that we would not miss foundational skills. I had someone that could keep an eye on things, someone that had already worked with many special children.
I had someone that could answer my questions!!!
Working with Amy helped me to move from chaos and fear, into a productive and hopeful trajectory.
My daughter is now reading on grade level, writing words, doing great in math, expressing her feelings and concerns, and even making friends.
I want to pour my time into my incredible little person. I do not want to waste it on scouring the internet for ideas to waste time on, out of desperation and lack of direction.
Needless to say, Amy will continue to be an indispensable guide in our homeschool.”
ABOUT ME: I UNIQUELY UNDERSTAND YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS FAMILY
I have been consulting privately with Special Needs families for more than 15 years.
I bring my experience as a School Psychologist, Autistic individual, and parent of two Autistic kids to the homeschool community in hopes of helping more families find joy in their educational journey.
Professionally, personally, and as a parent, I have a significant amount of experience with Autism and all the many processing and learning disabilities that can go with Autism.
But I also have professional experience with a wide range of diagnoses outside of my personal experience.
All of these different angles of experience give me a very unique perspective and insight into homeschooling students with varying needs.
My credentials include the following:
- Educational Specialist Degree (Ed.S.) in Educational Psychology with an emphasis in Neuropsychology
- Master’s in Educational Psychology
- Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology
- Minor in Mathematics
- Autistic adult
- Homeschooling mom to two Autistic kiddos
An education that respects your child’s personhood, abilities, and sees your child as a whole person
WHAT METHOD IS BEST FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS & LEARNING DISABILITIES?
Unschooling, Eclectic, Charlotte Mason, etc.? I can help you no matter what method you follow. I have worked with families from all backgrounds.
Personally, I have been heavily influenced by the educational philosophy of Charlotte Mason.
I strongly agree with Mason’s idea that “Children are born persons” and should be treated with the respect due to all persons. This idea, when applied to children, is revolutionary, even though it should be commonplace.
It is this respect for personhood that I use in my consultations.
Too often children with special needs are viewed as “less than” because of their differences.
Charlotte Mason makes respect for personhood the foundation of their education.
A Special Needs Consultation looks at where your child is developmentally, academically, and socio-emotionally to create a completely customized plan to help your child take the next step in his education –
an education that respects your child’s personhood, abilities, and sees your child as a whole person.
Schedule your consultation today!
I look forward to helping you create an education perfectly fitted to your child’s needs.
CONSULTATION REFUND POLICY & COUPON POLICY
Your deposit is refundable until you turn in your Intake Questionnaire.
After that date, all sales are final.
Any coupons used for this product apply to the Intake Fee only.